How Affordable Is IVF?
When exploring infertility treatments, we understand that IVF cost is an important factor that has to be considered. At Los Angeles Reproductive Center, we are committed to providing both competitive pricing and exceptional infertility treatment outcomes. Both of our physicians, Dr. Nurit Winkler and Dr. Marc Kalan, are double board-certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology and Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility. If you are looking for a leading infertility clinic in the Los Angeles, Encino, or Bakersfield, CA-area, our team of fertility specialists is ready to serve your family planning needs. Our practice combines advanced technology, intensive training, and compassion to help you conceive and deliver a healthy baby.
Cost Factors for IVF
IVF costs can be difficult to generalize since each treatment is unique to the reproductive needs of the individual patient. On average, one cycle of IVF treatment can run $7,000 to $14,000. These fees typically cover the costs of the IVF procedure (retrieving eggs, inseminating eggs, and placing them into the uterus), as well as lab work, ultrasounds, embryo storage, and anesthesia.
The total treatment cost varies depending on several factors, including:
- Medication: The amount and types of medication required throughout IVF treatment will vary from patient to patient. Medications are used to stimulate egg production, follicle growth, and other aspects of reproduction.
- Testing: Patients who undergo IVF will need to have fertility, genetic, and other forms of testing performed throughout the IVF treatment process.
- Surrogacy: If the fertilized egg develops through the use of a surrogate mother, the cost of IVF can increase to anywhere between $50,000 and $100,000.
- Use of frozen embryos or donor eggs: The use of donor eggs or frozen embryos requires one less step in the IVF process.
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI): If the sperm used to fertilize the egg has low mobility, one of our doctors can insert the sperm using a process known as ICSI. This procedure typically adds $1,000 to $2,500 to the overall treatment cost.
Predicting the cost of IVF treatments can be difficult since there can be unexpected costs throughout the procedures. Fortunately, there are multiple cost-savings factors to consider. While most insurance plans do not cover IVF, some parts of the procedure (monitoring or medications, for example) may be covered or partially covered by your insurance. If you have questions about which portions of your IVF treatment might be covered, our staff will be glad to assist you.
Our practice combines advanced technology, intensive training, and compassion to help you conceive and deliver a healthy baby.
Our office also offers payment options to help patients afford treatment. We understand that many patients research costs when searching for an affordable infertility clinic. While we welcome patients to search for the best medical practice to suit their needs, we encourage patients to consider both cost and quality of care. Our doctors are double board-certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology and Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility, and have a reputation for using advanced technology and compassion when delivering fertility treatments.
Schedule Your Consultation
Our team believes there is no greater feeling than helping you build your family. If you are ready to work with a compassionate team of medical experts who have a long track record of helping families conceive and deliver healthy babies, contact our office online or call (818) 208-5481.
Los Angeles Reproductive Center is a unique fertility clinic focused on treating patients like family and built upon the principles of communication, compassion, warmth, openness, and service that accompanies an exceptional pregnancy rate. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.